Followers

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Discovering Delhi - The Locals - The Red Colony.

When you stumble Upon a Place you always wanted to go.

You can call it a Haunted Colony, a strange place, or a Graveyard of Red Buildings.

But for me it was an unforgettable experience in a local area. I remember crossing this place a lot of times. While coming back from college around 4 o clock the sunlight would reflect on the windows of these abandoned red flats. And it would look like an Afternoon ghost staring right into your eyes standing still as death. I promised myself when I have a camera I’ll surely click and explore this place.

Abandoned, stuff written on walls, I could see a framed scenery through the window in one of the rooms, The contrast of red outsides and light blue insides and again the blue sky. The “Red” sandwiched between the blue and blue. People say it’s a den for illegal activities and junkies.

There is certainly life around it. Buildings opposite to it with normal houses and normal lives. But this small area…it seems life has been snatched out it…some 200-300 flats and the most surprising part is there are still some families living, Probably 20 of them. I was taken by surprise as I saw a women staring at me from one out the windows. My heart skipped a beat…Other than that there are rotting walls and streets. Pigs. Dogs. Cows.

Would surely like to go there again some other day…or may be at night.

Paule'

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
www.madpaule.com pauleeart@gmail.com

Labels

cambodia (2) Delhi (3) dumpyard (1) Forests (1) Fort (1) Hills (1) local (1) Muddy (1) pauleeart (1) phnom penh (1) portraits (2) Roadtrip (1) rocks (1) Ruins (2) Tughlaqabad (1) Wilderness (1)